Physicians who participate in IPIP position themselves well for some or all of the following benefits:
- Credit toward Maintenance of Certification, Part IV
- Continuing Medical Education (CME) credit (The IPIP state or AF4Q Alliance is responsible for obtaining CME credit.)
- Pay for performance programs
- Elements of creating a medical home
- Points toward achieving Physician Practice Connections (PPC) recognition from NCQA
- IPIP provides physicians with the tools and resources to achieve quality improvement by assisting them in using registries, managing populations, conducting PDSAs, and using their own data for improvement.
IPIP uses a model that provides quality improvement coaching to all members of the practice team. Physicians who participate in IPIP also have the opportunity to engage in collaborative learning, both through formal Learning Collaboratives, as well as by sharing information and learning from colleagues engaged in the process.